The Deadline for This Application Has Passed.
The purpose of the Broward Education Foundation Teacher Grant Fund is to reward teachers and school-based administrators by funding their original and innovative projects. These projects should enrich the standard curriculum and explore new alternatives to traditional methods of learning. Grant applications should address needs for which funding is not available through state, federal or district revenues.
While we welcome projects for funding in any subject area, this year’s priority will be given to projects designed to enhance and expand the delivery of STEM, Early Childhood Literacy (Pre-K to 3), Arts Education and Healthy Nutritional Choices. There is a critical need for students in Title 1 schools in these four critical areas. (Grant funds may not be used for expansion and/or maintenance of existing programs or as a personal honorarium for the applicant.)
Grants may vary in amount depending on the nature of the project but will usually average $600 – $1,200. Each teacher may submit only one proposal. A committee comprised of business and community leaders and educators will grant requests on a competitive basis. All grants will be awarded by April 30, 2018.
- All applications must be typed and signed by the School’s Principal.
- Written materials must be limited to the space provided.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- A complete application contains: the original typed application and five copies.
- A computer-generated re-creation of the application is acceptable with all information in the same order with the same page separations.
- Project funds must be spent by the end of the 2017 – 2018 school year. Final evaluations and expense reports will be required and periodic site visits may be conducted.
- Proposals including substitute teacher costs, outside consultants and field trips will only be considered if the item is an integral, vital component of a larger strategy.
- Proposals will not be funded for expansion and/or maintenance of previous grants.
- Any tangible items purchased with the grant money becomes the property of the Broward Education Foundation. If a teacher transfers from one school to another within Broward County, the tangible items may go with the teacher if the program is continued at the new school. Otherwise, items must be returned to the Broward Education Foundation within 90 days from the transfer.
Grant Presentation Tips:
- The narrative of the application is designed to allow you to use your own word processor. Please limit responses to no more than three 8 1/2 x 11 pages using Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Do not attach or include additional materials.
- Do not print or type your name or your school’s name in the body of the application.
- Grant committee members may not be familiar with educational jargon. Accordingly, briefly define educational terminology if helpful in understanding the purpose or scope of the project.
- Applications can be sent via pony or mail or hand delivered to the Broward Education Foundation: